The ATF Association (ATFA) was established in 2007. Its purpose is to bring together former and current ATF colleagues for fellowship and friendship, assist with post-ATF career planning and development, and to provide support in a time of need. In honor of the many ATF employees that have died or sustained serious injuries in fulfilling the ATF mission, the Association is committed to the support of members of the ATF Family who have experienced severe trauma or financial need and to keep the memory of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice forever in our consciousness.
Members of the Association include Special Agents, Industry Operations Inspectors and Investigators, Explosive Enforcement Officers, Chemists, Scientists, Attorneys and other personnel who supported the ATF mission.
Join the ATF Association (ATFA) and receive the following member benefits:
To join click here
- Online membership directory to help you stay in touch
- ATFA LinkedIn Group
- ATFA Facebook Group Page
- Job postings to assist you find your post ATF career
- Monthly electronic ATF Association Newsletter
- ATF Association Retiree and Survivors Handbook
- To help with questions about FERS, CSRS, Social Security, Medicare, FEGLI, FEHB, TSP and Veterans’ Benefits.
- Information about HR-218 qualification
- RSS Feed – every day something new is posted on the home page titled “ATF Right Now”
- Press Releases from ATF
- Copies of “Inside ATF” newsletter
- Tuition discount from Marist College
To join click here
Gathering of ATF retirees at the National Center for Explosives Training & Research at Huntsville:
Don Robinson, SAC of NCETR asked that we post the following invitation:I would like to enlist your organizations’ assistance in getting out the word about our first annual ATF Retiree Gathering at NCETR. We have finalized the event announcement and related documents, and we are planning to hold this event on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. I would greatly appreciate it if you would be so kind as to forward this information and attachments to your ATF members. I think this is a great opportunity to bring some of our retirees together for some great comradery, and to show off our new training and research center, which serves as the hub for all of ATF’s explosives and arson training and enforcement programs. I believe the attendees will be very excited to see all the progress we’ve made with ‘their programs’, especially those former CES, EEO, CFI and NRT members. We are asking all interested retirees to return the Registration Form and the DoD Base Access Form to NCETR-Mailbox@atf.gov (we need one DoD form for each retiree and each guest). The RSVP date is March 14. Once registered, we will provide participants with additional information on area hotels and other logistics for the event.Thanks again for your help, and I look forward to seeing you both here on March 28th! Thanks again, DonNOTE FROM Mike Bouchard-ATFA: If we have enough interest, we can include a social gathering, or other activities based from at a local hotel.
Special Needs Request - April 2016 - Letter from ATFA President click here
ATF Commemorative Book Notice - deadline extended to 10/31/16 for information click here
Order toll -free: 1-877-427-2665 Full information
December 2015 - Letter of thanks from Gabby Sheldon, widow of ATF Special Agent Bill Sheldon click here
1) letter to the White House recommending nominee for the position of ATF Director
2) a memo from the Justice Department regarding the recent OPM Cybersecurity Incident
3) information about restoring Ariel Rios Designation to the ATF HQ Building
4) a link to a petition you can sign to support restoring the Ariel Rios Designation to the ATF HQ Building
5) a press release from ATFA regarding the CAP recommendation that ATF be merged into the FBI
6) National Explosives Task Force Public Safety Advisory - Exploding Targets
... and more news click here.
For "Breaking News" see the top left corner of this screen entitled "ATF Right Now".